Getting started with an affiliate marketing business
There are numerous uncountable and unthinkable options that can be used to generate a healthy living for anyone. With the dawn of the internet and the growth of digital, there has been a tremendous amount of spotlight on generating revenue from websites.
For those looking to enter the world of affiliate marketing, this is the article for you, and what better place to write this post? After all, you only need a website to get started with an affiliate business.
So what is affiliate marketing?
- A bit of clarification is always nice, so let us talk about the dark art of affiliate marketing. It is essentially a big old referral program with a variety of rules depending on the company. So you can earn revenue, or gain other benefits by helping them to meet their business objectives.
- Possibly one of the best examples of affiliate programs comes from Amazon. When you send a customer to Amazon through a link that uses your referral tag and they go on to complete an order, you get a small referral fee.
Getting started with affiliate marketing
- The first main thing about getting started on the path to affiliate marketing freedom is to really understand what you want to achieve. Choose a product or topic that you know will be feasible. Then go on to find out if there are any feasible affiliate programs.
- At this stage of the process, it is worth writing down how many estimated purchases you think could be made every month. A great way to visualize this is to set a low conversion chance based on the potential number of visitors. From that, you can work out potential revenue.
- It’s a great thing to be making sales and getting cash in the bank, just work out the potential revenue before investing your time. Next, you can purchase a Turnkey website or build one yourself ready for the content creation phase.
Focus on the content and becoming an authority
- For low competition products, one of the best ways to start getting sales is to heavily concentrate on creating content. Write about everything that surrounds your topic, and then keep writing.
- Building a quality niche affiliate site isn’t about getting traffic, it’s about making conversions. You are more likely to get money in the bank if your site contains the highest quality content possible.
- Don’t be afraid to explore the topic, writing reviews of the products, creating infographics, answering frequently asked questions, the sky is really the limit. Making a cool site will really establish you as a leader in the field also enables you to grow the site from other verticals.
Don’t forget to think outside the box
- The last tip for this quick article is just about thinking outside the box. There are so many who get into affiliate marketing and fixate on one channel, don’t see results and give up.
- Sometimes you can push a product through so many verticals that once again, the sky is really the limit. Your product could sell like wildfire on social media but do terribly through PPC.
- And, your affiliate site could explode! Forcing you to invest in creating your own product to increase those profit margins. Just always take into consideration that there is always another vertical.
- Once your business is churning in a sustainable income (measured on a yearly basis) you can either continue to expand or start your next site.
- Or if you are really confident? Purchase a tonne of turnkey websites, scale your content creation with freelancers, and watch the money roll in.
Jamie Fuller is a digital marketing executive at AppInstitute. He spends his days building links, creating content, and drinking far too much coffee at one of the world’s leading DIY App Builders (over 70,000 apps built).
AppInstitute regularly provides leading publications with app analytics, business data, case studies, white papers and statistics for established publishers across the world. They were named in the top 50 creative companies in England by Creative England.
Latest posts by chris kinney (see all)
- 8 Tips for Launching a Startup - July 11, 2018
- Adding google tag manager to WordPress and creating your first tag - July 10, 2018
- The 9 Best SEO Tools to Check Google Keyword Rankings - July 5, 2018