A good content marketing strategy is much more than learning to pick the right keywords or learning how to write content that generates organic traffic. Content marketing is a complex task that takes up plenty of research, time and testing if one wants to achieve success with their website or blog.
Successful Content Marketing
There are plenty of advantages of content marketing, such as:
• It is tailored to the needs of the customers
• It educates customers of the value of a product or service
• Attracts customers for free
• Increases traffic
• Can be shared
• It is highly targeted and SEO oriented
Considering that it has so many advantages and is free, planning a content marketing strategy for your business is now the ultimate way of promoting your blog or website. Therefore, you will need to take the time and go through our detailed guide for successful content marketing.
Step 1: Research
When we say research as a part of your content marketing strategy, we think of a defined point. When starting your research, you must aim towards creating content that will fit the needs of your audience. Therefore, your research must first determine the target audience of your website or blog, then think of ways on how to present what you offer.
An effective content does not focus on the product, the seller or the company. Instead, a good research determines the target audience and what they need. Once you determine what your buyers need, you can offer them the solution.
Step 2: Headline
The headline and the design are the first thing the visitors will see when they open the website. Actually, the majority of people who visit a website read the headline and decide on whether they will read the content or not based on what it says.
The headline should convey the main benefit of what you have to offer in a unique, enticing way. Overall, a good content headline explains how the visitors can benefit from your product or service.
Step 3: Call to Action
An effective call to action should be enticing enough to convince the website visitor to take action such as purchase a product or service, enroll into a program or subscribe to a newsletter. Some of the most effective calls to action are those who include free product trial, private in-person consultation or an entertaining video.
Ultimately, the value presented in the content is what makes the visitor purchase a product or service from you. If the content mentions a free sample or a discount on some products or services, they are more likely to use the ‘call to action’ button.
Step 4: Formats
If you opt for single content format on your website, visitors are less likely to use the call to action button. Therefore, you should opt for multiple content formats that will enrich your content marketing strategy.
There are several content formats types worth trying out.
1. You can write and share some guides that will explain how your product or service works and show the visitors that you are a true expert in the particular field you are working in.
2. Lists and bullet points are a great format strategy since people rarely have the time to read the entire content. You can still use the detailed content that explains everything about what you have to offer, but including a short list or bullet points is never a bad idea.
3. Speak of how the problem your target audience has affects their lives and why they need what you have to change this. Storytelling and case studies are a great way to do this.
Step 5: Visualization
Content is everything, but if you want to opt for more memorable and engaging content type, you need to include visualization, too. Regardless of how well you write or how interesting your content is, a website without visual content seems uninviting and dull.
Visualization is the best way of helping the audience understand and remember why they need what you offer. You can use infographics, slides and videos to share your content with the visitors.
Step 6: Guest Blogging
If you want to improve the search ranking of your blog or website and build brand awareness, you need to use guest blogging. By inserting guest blogging into your content marketing strategy, you can get more traffic, greater conversions, attract the attention of the clients who look for similar products or services and build relationships that will extend the reach of potential buyers.
When opting for this strategy, look for websites that offer similar services. Guest blogging can only be successful if a person is interested in your niche when they open the other website. Otherwise, they are less likely to visit your site.
Step 7: Promotion
Now that you have created your content, you need to promote it. It takes much more than just publishing the content for reaching the target audience. In order to promote your content, you can:
• Ask influencers to share it by mentioning them in the content and emailing the post to them
• Use social media to promote the content
• Submit the content to other websites and content communities that have many readers
The content is not the only important part of a website, but is definitely the most important one. Without great content, you will not entice the visitors to do business with you. Therefore, you need to implement these steps into your content marketing strategy.
Lisa Wheatly works for Top Aussie Writers in her spare time, where she creates unbiased essay service reviews. Lisa believes analytical thinking and an enquiring mind are her strongest points, and she does her best to put them to good use. She is a consultant of young entrepreneurs, and she feels that her knowledge of the human mind allows her to accurately assess the abilities of the young businessmen.
Latest posts by TurnkeyHub (see all)
- How To Make Your Blog Go Viral In 2017: Working Strategies - September 18, 2017
- Data Recovery Companies – Top 4 Ways The Experts Can Safeguard and Protect Your Company Data - September 14, 2017
- A Few Handy Setup Tips for the Beginners of Salesforce Public Knowledge Base - August 16, 2017